• You cannot reply to this topic

Most Wanted X-mas Gifts This Year

#1 User is offline   icemode

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:32 PM

Just wondering what people fancy to get for their X-Mas this year...or in general...

#2 User is offline   Delaina

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
Fashion!! I just moved to Canada from the US a few months ago when a married a Canadian man. I am a Fashion Merchandising graduate and plan on opening a clothing boutique of my own one day. I am unemployeed right now until Canada issues me a work visa. Hopefully I can find work as a stylist or visual merchandiser when I am able to work.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:59 AM

I still want an IPod, I've been asking for one for 2 years so maybe my husband will listen this year.

I would also love to have a Marc Jacobs handbag.

#3 User is offline   yndy

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 10 December 2005 - 03:12 PM

wanted a new phone and maybe a laptop too...

#4 User is offline   Pauline

• The Boss - She Can Shop Till She Drops
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:
Favourite things - costume history, reading, catwalk fashion design, detective and costume programmes, my beloved husband.

Post icon  Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:09 PM

Where shall I begin....
I am someone who loves things especially girly things. The problem is this year I can't seem to see what I 'want as a frippery' although I do need a few things I know that when it's essential I shall just go get the 'I really need this' things. The 'wants' area different matter.

I think we are all saturated with 'novel things/possessions' all year. In November I usually stop buying weekly flowers simply so they feel special in the Xmas week. When we used to eat meat, we also used to stop having rich meals in November early December so we would enjoy rich festive food. People eat rich food all year now I think.

Recently when doing some deliberate browsing with Xmas in mind in a rather nice clothes shop, the one simple thing that really impressed me was the not the clothes or bags etc, but the wonderful expensive, but warm desirable smell coming from the shop. I peered behind the counter to see a Jo Malone candle slowly burning.

Now I would really like some of those or even just one. I shall have to go back and find out what the fragrance was as it had such a feel good factor to it.

#5 User is offline   icemode

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:18 AM

Last Year on X-mas Eve I met my bf, that was the best present ever for me...This year I wish my bf to propose to me, that would be the best present ever ever ever for me:))))

#6 User is offline   Chosen

• The One and Only
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
All things fashion.
John Galliano, Haute couture, Sewing, Jewellery making, photography, models, magazines, travel

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:48 AM

My wish list for christmas is extremely long! hehe. But the thing that I love the most is this new phone I've been eyeing off...

user posted image

(Of course the pink one!) I've never actually owned a decent phone before and once I saw this I was like a 13 year old who has gone phone crazy. Plus a flip phone is bound to make you feel/look important.... hehe

#7 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:
Favourite things - costume history, reading, catwalk fashion design, detective and costume programmes, my beloved husband.

Post icon  Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

Well did anyone get any very welcome or wonderful Xmas presents?

I had a beautiful diamond cross pendant from Guy, a Prada perfume set from my sister, a freshwater pearl necklace witha central amber toned striped carnelian pendant from my Mum (from http://pearlsplus.co.uk/ ) and I also got a very pretty plum toned silk hot water bottle from Graham and Green http://www.grahamandgreen.co.uk/ from my niece.

Plus of course far too many boxes of Belgian chocolates that I managed to sicken myself of on New Year's Eve. I'll need at least aweek off from choccies.

Of course I also bought myself a few pressies.....

#8 User is offline   jean

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Pauline @ Jan 1 2006, 08:53 PM)
Well did anyone get any very welcome or wonderful Xmas presents?

I had a beautiful diamond cross pendant from Guy, a Prada perfume set from my sister, a freshwater pearl necklace witha central amber toned striped carnelian pendant from my Mum (from http://pearlsplus.co.uk/ ) and  I also got a very pretty plum toned silk hot water bottle from Graham and Green http://www.grahamandgreen.co.uk/ from my niece.

Plus of course far too many boxes of Belgian chocolates that I managed to sicken myself of on New Year's Eve. I'll need at least aweek off from choccies.

Of course I also bought myself a few pressies.....
View Post

I had two lovely rings from my delicious hubby.
A russian diopside - which is a gorgeous dark green ring and another green tsavorite eternity ring.
Also lots of goodies - a nice scarf and hat set, a warm dressing gown - not many choccies as people know I am trying to diet! but all in all a lovely time.

#9 User is offline   sparkle

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Post icon  Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:18 PM

You should check out this website Jewellery. As for Christmas presents my boyfriend bought me some killer heels from BCBG Maxazaria, I also spent a fortune in this shop in New York before Christmas, there were pre Christmas sales 70 % off ! Also bought myself two DKNY wrap cardigans that can be worn in a multitude of ways. Christmas shopping in New York is a must especially when you can buy yourself a few little luxuries !!!

Happy New Year to all

#10 User is offline   Chosen

• The One and Only
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
All things fashion.
John Galliano, Haute couture, Sewing, Jewellery making, photography, models, magazines, travel

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:38 AM

I got some wonderful pressies!

Perfume and body lotion: Jean Paul Gaultier - Love it!
A dress and some shirts.
A whole tub (around 150) chupa-chups - that was of my kooky cousin.
A money box in the shape of a shoe and it says "Savings for shoes" - so cute
LOST Season 1 on dvd
A feathery/beady hair piece
A lovely pink opal necklace in the shape of a flower - with the 5 petals holding the opals. So precious. (I got the matching ring for my 21st birthday a few days before.)

.. thats all I can remember smile.gif Had a wonderful Xmas and Santa was very nice to me this year.

#11 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:54 AM

Arghhh......

How did I miss seeing your birthday. Belated wishes to you - Many Happy Returns.
My niece has her birthday on the 18th and I always make an effort to ensure she gets a special birthday pressie in birthday paper. I am mid year so it's is nice to get pressies in the middle of the year too.

My friend has a birthday on 24 Dec and when I asked her last week she agreed she always gets all her pressies in sort of neutral paper. None are ever plastered with birthday greetings.

21 is is wonderful age to be. May all your dreams and plans for life come true. Good health is always the most important aspect of achieving any dream.

#12 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:57 AM

It looks like we all had nice things. I also had a lovely embroidered scarf that has tiny seed pearls over some pattern parts.

Your rings sound nice Jean. The Gaultier perfume sounds my kind of thing too. Let's face it we just like girly things...

#13 User is offline   Chosen

• The One and Only
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
All things fashion.

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:04 AM

I got this phone for my birthday off my older brother and older sister!! I was soo excited I couldn't say anything!

Its a great phone btw smile.gif hehe.

#14 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:18 AM

I am also looking for new phone. Except I prefer that it is very basic just a memory phone book and texting facility.

My many criteria are that it does not need constant charging and that I can see the numbers and read it without get out my specs every time. These days this seems to be a tall order as phones get more and more minute and dinkier. They appear to do more yet I achieve less with them!!!

I am not impressed so far by the quality of photos we have taken with husbands.

What is the photo quality like on that Kristi?

#15 User is offline   Chosen

• The One and Only
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
All things fashion.

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:30 AM

Here are some photos i have taken with it. This is the standard size (which is a standard 4x6 photo) they can go larger.

The first one is Chris and the 2nd one is me and my nephew/god son, Jack. (this one is a little darker/poorer quality because of the lighting)

user posted image

user posted image

#16 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:33 AM

Oh wonderful photos - maybe I will revise my opinion of photo phones. They look pretty sharp to me.

#17 User is offline   gok

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:46 PM

Happy 21st, Chosen! Hope you had a lovely day smile.gif

For Yule, there was nothing in particular that I was wishing for, so everything was a complete surprise and most welcome. smile.gif

Most surprising were the stocking presents from my partner's BIL; a whole load of girly stuff including cuticle cream, emery boards, orange sticks and a set of stackable powder containers! Utterly fab! He and his wife (my partner's sister) also bought me a fantastic Origins gift set which included day and night creams, plus a lovely rich hand cream and cotton night gloves.

My partner's mother gave me a most gorgeous jet Victorianesque necklace. She was terribly apprehensive as to whether I'd like it or not but I fell instantly in love with it!

Gifts from my patner included a full length shiny black PCV coat, similar to the Cenobite's one in the Hellraiser films. It's beautiful! He also gave me Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (yes, I have to admit to being a bit of a games freak!), vegan chocolate, DVDs (inc. Sherlock Holmes) and two fantastic fashion history books from the British Museum. Oh and lots of little pressies too!

#18 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:

Post icon  Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

I just love girly stuff too, so to make sure I get some. I learnt a long time ago the best way to get girly was to I make sure I buy in 'extra presents' that I may give away, but may just transfer to moi if the area has been neglected by others.

This year this included some clay pack detox wraps with bandages (weird but self pampering) and lots of Molton Brown goodies from a QVC offer. The latter offer had 9 Molton Brown items and I gave just 2 MB items away so my bathtub is heavenly right now.

The necklace sounds very very pretty. It is always difficult wondering if people will like things and sometimes we all keep things unworn for maybe a year and then suddenly start to wear it all the time.

That partner sounds worth keeping to me!

#19 User is offline   gok

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

I know exactly what you mean about buying a few extra goodies. We bought a huge amount of Lush products for my partner's sister, plus a beautiful hat box to put them in. I *may have accidentally* bought too much to go into the box! rolleyes.gif Consequently, my stash of bath goodies that occupies my partner's bathroom has grown somewhat! tongue.gif

I really like some of the MB products - they are supplied as standard at the Radisson Edwardian in Mayfair. Since the bathroom in our suite was huge and luxurious, it would have been rude not to have indulged in gratuitous pampering!

Have you tried Cowshed? Apparently the shampoo and conditioner are lovely. I've just discovered La Mer - the lifting serum really does the job! smile.gif

#20 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:

Post icon  Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(gok @ Jan 3 2006, 05:44 PM)
I know exactly what you mean about buying a few extra goodies. We bought a huge amount of Lush products for my partner's sister, plus a beautiful hat box to put them in. I *may have accidentally* bought too much to go into the box!  rolleyes.gif  ....
View Post

I think we can all understand just how 'easy' it is to 'accidentally buy 'too much' - tee hee chuckle chuckle. I think my Guy just knows me now. In fact I think he sussed me out the night he met me!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users