Fashion-era Forum: Wedding Dresses! - Fashion-era Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wedding Dresses! Post your wedding dress!

#1 User is offline   Chosen

• The One and Only
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
All things fashion.
John Galliano, Haute couture, Sewing, Jewellery making, photography, models, magazines, travel

Post icon  Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:44 AM

I just LOVE weddings!

wedding01.jpg - My sister's wedding was in June 2002 and she looked gorgeous!

wedding02.jpg - I was a bridesmaid (far left):

I can't wait for my day - I've been designing my dress already hehe.

Updated: 5th November! smile.gif

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Pauline

• The Boss - She Can Shop Till She Drops
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:
Favourite things - costume history, reading, catwalk fashion design, detective and costume programmes, my beloved husband.

Posted 16 October 2004 - 11:14 AM

No - It's just fine here Chosen. We all love a wedding ( and there do seem to be fewer) and the chance to put on glad rags and see what everyone else makes of it.

I am about to add a section in the next week or two on a particular style of wedding to the website. Wait and see. Best of all the mother of the bride not only looks like Queen Elizabth 1, but she is dressed as her. At present I'm trying to get the forum as right as possible before going away for a few days.

Maybe I should add a wedding section proper. What do others think? I added this section because I have in the past had letters from visitors who want to use bustle styles or other costume related designs.

It's also another interest of mine as I have made bridal wear for others and taught decorative work in the past.

I'm working on the photos.

#3 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:
Favourite things - costume history, reading, catwalk fashion design, detective and costume programmes, my beloved husband.

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:57 AM

Ok I've added a wedding section and there are themed wedding pics to see.

Maybe you could post those bridal pics again. We'd love to see them.

Make sure they are somewhere easy to find on your computer like My Pictures so you can find them easily when you browse the folders to attach it.

#4 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:

Posted 05 November 2004 - 10:07 PM

Great photos Chosen.
Gorgeous colour for the bridesmaids too. Very dramatic and you look gorgeous too.

#5 User is offline   Terri

• Fashionista
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
Fashion, shopping, fashion shopping, shopping &amp; fashion.<br /><br />Butterflies, movies, sunshine, music of all kinds.

Post icon  Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:59 PM

Hi Chosen! I love weddings too! They are sort of the ultimate party! And I really love bridal gowns. I guess that you can never start looking for your gown too soon!

I've attached 4 of my favorite gowns, well at least for right now. Its likely to change!

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   Chosen

• The One and Only
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
All things fashion.
John Galliano, Haute couture, Sewing, Jewellery making, photography, models, magazines, travel

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:38 PM

They are gorgeous! I really like the melissa_sweet.jpg one. It just looks so classic and dreamy smile.gif

#7 User is offline   Terri

• Fashionista
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
Fashion, shopping, fashion shopping, shopping &amp; fashion.<br /><br />Butterflies, movies, sunshine, music of all kinds.

Posted 17 December 2004 - 08:41 PM

That is my favorite too. I really love Melissa Sweet gowns - all are very dreamy! I've attached another one of my favorites of hers.

I think what I really like about bridal gowns is that you can do so much with them without it looking like your going too overboard (like too dreamy or sweet or romanic). I particularly like designers who start with classic designs but take them in slightly different directions.

Attached File(s)

#8 User is offline   Melody&Lime

• Melody&Lime
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
Making jewellery and crafts, reading biogs and classics.I love the look of the silent era.

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:54 PM

I loved the Casablanca dress.

Your bridesmaid dress is very similar to one I wore at my frinds wedding as a bridesmaid but it was in lilac.

#9 User is offline   Miss Bunnypenny

• Fashionista
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
Swing dance, dressmaking, music (jazz &amp; rock)

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:45 PM

My personal favourite wedding dress designer at the moment is Jenny Packham... not her run-of-the-mill strapless bodice/A line skirt combos, but the latest more floaty dresses...

I've chosen one for my wedding in October & I can't wait to try it on again - it looks as though it was handed down to me by my granny! I'll post a picture as soon as I find one that shows it off properly!

#10 User is offline   Terri

• Fashionista
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:43 PM

Congradulations Miss Bunnypenny! I just love weddings and especially wedding dresses! I didn't really know of Jenny Packham's design before. I looked her website up and she has some beautiful gowns. They all looked so dreamy, I love that look. I can't wait to see your gown. How exciting!

#11 User is offline   Chosen

• The One and Only
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
All things fashion.

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:33 AM

Congrats again Miss Bunnypenny!!

I checked out her website also, and I love the dress "Aurora" It just seems so elegant!

By the way... where are you having your wedding/reception ??

#12 User is offline   Miss Bunnypenny

• Fashionista
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE(Chosen @ Jan 18 2005, 07:33 AM)
Congrats again Miss Bunnypenny!!

I checked out her website also, and I love the dress "Aurora" It just seems so elegant!

By the way... where are you having your wedding/reception ??
View Post

Thanks!! biggrin.gif

I tried on ‘Aurora’ – it was so gorgeous & a real struggle to decide, but in the end I opted for ‘Clare’… Mr B & I do swing dance & because ‘Clare’ doesn’t have a train, it’s more practical from that point of view… and I love the fact that it looks like a family heirloom (and perhaps it could become one in future!)

We’re getting married at a little church in Eridge (where my dad was Christened and my Nan was married), the reception will be at Hotel du Vin in Tunbridge Wells... I can't wait!!

#13 User is offline   j15ess

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:27 PM

I too have fallen in love with Jenny Packham dresses and I haven't even tried one on yet! The one I want is Bumblebee. I can't stop thinking about it.

I am actually afraid to go and try it on because I will then fall even more in love with it and I am guessing it won't fit in our budget! Infact I think it will blow our budget to pieces. Can you give me an indication of price range Miss Bunnypenny?

Thank you!

#14 User is offline   Miss Bunnypenny

• Fashionista
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(j15ess @ Jan 27 2005, 05:27 PM)
Can you give me an indication of price range Miss Bunnypenny?

Thank you!
View Post

I certainly can... I just looked at the Jenny Packham Bride website - Bumblebee doesn't seem to be on there. Anyway... my dress (Clare) was £995, I know that 'Madame Butterfly' was about £1250 or so as was 'Aurora'... the floaty dresses seem to be in that kind of price range. Beware though... I went to a shop in London (am I allowed to name names Pauline?!) where my particular dress was £1495!! £500 more for exactly the same dress!!! Mine came from here biggrin.gif

#15 User is offline   Miss Bunnypenny

• Fashionista
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:09 PM

OK... I'm now v. v. excited... the place that I've got my dress from has a new piccie of my dress and it looks sooooooo lovely!! biggrin.gif It's the first pic on the 2nd row (link dead) is it 'Honeybee' that you've fallen for j15ess..? That's the dress next to mine..?

#16 User is offline   j15ess

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:24 PM

Yes! That's it!
Whoops, I seem to have renamed it in my excitement!! No wonder I couldn't find any more information on it.

Hmmm, maybe i could go and try it on?? Or maybe i should wait a while. We aren't getting married until April next year.

What kind of shoes etc are you having Miss Bunnypenny?

Jess

#17 User is offline   Miss Bunnypenny

• Fashionista
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:28 PM

j15ess, if you really like the dress, then you should probably try it on - I think at this stage JP won't be having any new dresses added to her line until it's too late for your fittings anyway, so it's unlikely that she'll bring out something you prefer. What most places can do - which is what I am doing - is, when you decide on the dress, you pay the deposit & they let JP know that someone wants the dress, so they book the fabric & style etc. It means that even if it becomes a discontinued line, you have the dress booked and you won't miss out... then about 6 months before the Big Day, you have your first measurements taken so they can inform JP exactly what size they should be making - it's at this point that you need to try not to let your weight fluctuate, though they will be able to tweak it.

Hope that helps you a bit - as you can probably tell, I harrassed the shop I'm having mine from, and the Jenny Packham head office somewhat!

My shoes are a cream leather version of these - link now dead.

#18 User is offline   j15ess

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for that, it is all very helpful! I can get to where you got yours from quite easily too, so I might visit them next time my Mum comes to visit.

I like your shoes too. I am impressed you'll be able to dance in them!

#19 User is offline   Miss Bunnypenny

• Fashionista
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:

Posted 28 January 2005 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(j15ess @ Jan 28 2005, 07:51 PM)
Thanks for that, it is all very helpful! I can get to where you got yours from quite easily too, so I might visit them next time my Mum comes to visit.

I like your shoes too. I am impressed you'll be able to dance in them!
View Post

It's a lovely shop... it's worth checking with them that they have a sample of the dress you want before you go - they didn't have one of the ones I wanted to try originally but borrowed it from their sister shop.

If I can't handle all day & night in those shoes, I have a proper pair of dance sandals to change into - the particular make I favour are like wearing slippers! biggrin.gif

#20 User is offline   j15ess

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:09 PM

I am actually thinking about wearing my Nike Air Rift trainers!!!I might buy myself a new pair and customize them. I am a bit of a trainer fiend. I love girlie shoes but I wear them so rarely that I don't know if I would be able to wear them for too long! My comfort is of my upmost importance on the day. I don't want to be crippled so I can't dance the night away!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users