• You cannot reply to this topic

Beauty Products

#1 User is offline   aristea

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:55 PM

i think that it will be cool to talk about beauty priducts!
what's your favorite beauty product?
i choose the mascara Volume Express by Maybelline.

#2 User is offline   Chosen

• The One and Only
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
All things fashion.
John Galliano, Haute couture, Sewing, Jewellery making, photography, models, magazines, travel

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:50 AM

I just recently bought Cover Girl Super think lash and professional.
they are both great as they give a different look. The super thick is more for the evening where as the professional is just for your everyday use.

I also love Maybelline Full N Soft mascara.

#3 Guest_Zoe_*

Group:
Guests

Posted 17 October 2004 - 12:45 PM

Hi everyone. I just love Lancome definicils. Bit pricey but nice effect. I also like Avon's eyebrow pencil in glimmerstick form.

#4 User is offline   blondie

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Zoe @ Oct 17 2004, 12:45 PM)
Hi everyone. I just love Lancome definicils. .
View Post

Oh dear Zoe - so now I have to fight you for the rich man and the mascara! biggrin.gif
That is my favourite too - I have yet to find one to beat it.

Has anyone tried Smashbox cosmetics? I recently treated myself to a set and am very impressed - though again the mascara is not as good as Lancome.

#5 User is offline   Jody

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members
Interests:
1. My interests concern the historical and sociological factors that have guided trends in ladies' undergarments from the late 19th Century to present.<br />2. Having a mechanical engineering degree has been a factor in enhancing my interest in figure control as &quot;shapewear&quot; is largely a problem of mechanics for the designer.<br />3. I hope to broaden my knowledge of the trends in fashion over the past century.

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(blondie @ Oct 18 2004, 12:48 PM)
Oh dear Zoe - so now I have to fight you for the rich man and the mascara! biggrin.gif
That is my favourite too - I have yet to find one to beat it.

Has anyone tried Smashbox cosmetics?  I recently treated myself to a set and am very impressed - though again the mascara is not as good as Lancome.
View Post

I envy you both! You get to use cosmetics! I am 15, growing up in a Mormon family not far outside Salt Lake City. Neither I nor my 3 sisters are allowed to wear anything but the plainest of clothes, no makeup of any kind, not even contact lenses! I just hate it! My dresses come down almost to my ankles. We go into the city occasionally and things are so much different there! Even if it is the heart of the Church of the Latter Day Saints (as the Mormon church is properly named) I see girls my age wearing all kinds of nice fashions and styles that I can't even describe because I'm not allowed to buy fashion magazines.
I am very tired of playing "Little Home On the Prairie". Soon I either have to escape or risk getting married off to some boring farmer who will lock me up just as my parents have. My advice to you girls is to take a detour around Utah if you ever get near the place!
I thank the Lord that my parents do not understand the Internet or e-mail, otherwise I just don't know what I would do.
Yours truly, JL in Hell

#6 User is offline   fizcog

• Fashion Guru
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members
Interests:
Fashion, singing, hanging out with a group of my friends, drawing, writting poetry at poetry.com serach: Evans, Ciera.<br /><br />Celebrating my birthday, with my best friend whose bday is only one day before mine.<br /><br />Sharing a few laughs with my family, and having an altogether good time.

Post icon  Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(aristea @ Oct 16 2004, 10:55 AM)
i think that it will be cool to talk about beauty products!
what's your favorite beauty product?
i choose the mascara Volume Express by Maybelline.
View Post

my favorite beauty product would have to be the lip tone chapstick from blistex.
because it is my opinion that natural beauty is better than the heavy caked on make up.

#7 User is offline   Pauline

• The Boss - She Can Shop Till She Drops
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:
Favourite things - costume history, reading, catwalk fashion design, detective and costume programmes, my beloved husband.

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:02 PM

I'm a big fan of Estee Lauder Idealist - makes your face feel like silk. So smooth and kissable. Mmmmmm

#8 Guest_wendy_*

Group:
Guests

Posted 23 October 2004 - 03:55 AM

I really like Garnier Lift day cream.

#9 User is offline   kelpie

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Jody @ Oct 19 2004, 08:45 AM)
I envy you both!  You get to use cosmetics!  I am 15, growing up in a Mormon family not far outside Salt Lake City.  Neither I nor my 3 sisters are allowed to wear anything but the plainest of clothes, no makeup of any kind, not even contact lenses!  I just hate it!  My dresses come down almost to my ankles.  We go into the city occasionally and things are so much different there!  Even if it is the heart of the Church of the Latter Day Saints (as the Mormon church is properly named) I see girls my age wearing all kinds of nice fashions and styles that I can't even describe because I'm not allowed to buy fashion magazines.
I am very tired of playing "Little Home On the Prairie".  Soon I either have to escape or risk getting married off to some boring farmer who will lock me up just as my parents have.  My advice to you girls is to take a detour around Utah if you ever get near the place!
I thank the Lord that my parents do not understand the Internet or e-mail, otherwise I just don't know what I would do.
Yours truly, JL in Hell
View Post

Hi,
I'm not sure this should be responded to here, probably should go in the powder room or somewhere, but....
Your parents lifestyle may be personal choice. Although I am not LDS (I'm wicca. Okay, so start the barbeque smile.gif) my best friend is LDS and she isn't like that and isn't raising her children like that. I hope you and your parents can work out some kind of compromise. I would hate to see you do something foolish just to get out of their home. That is NOT the way to go, believe me I know.

#10 User is offline   kelpie

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:17 PM

I have a problem with allergies. Most makeups give me diaper rash of the face. Lovely red blotches.
As a result, I can't really judge a makeup. I just feel grateful if I can wear it sad.gif
Also, as a result, I am totally ignorant as to the subtleties of applying makeup. blink.gif

#11 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:
Favourite things - costume history, reading, catwalk fashion design, detective and costume programmes, my beloved husband.

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:53 PM

Please tell us what products you can use Kelpi.

I'm sure lots of people have trouble with make up. So it would be nice if you could tell us what brands you can use.

#12 User is offline   kelpie

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Pauline @ Oct 23 2004, 08:53 AM)
Please tell us what products you can use Kelpi.

I'm sure lots of people have trouble with make up. So it would be nice if you could tell us what brands you can use.
View Post

Almost everything I have tried breaks me out after about 3 hours. Also, if they don't break me out at first, they start after about 3 months. I have the same problem with deodorant. sad.gif I did find a brand at a place called New Youth Spa in Savannah, Ga that I have been using now for about 6 months with no problems (so far) It is called Sorme.

It is really a pain being allergic to so many things you want to use. I'm allergic to bee stings so can't even wear perfume very often. What a bummer.

#13 Guest_Zoe_*

Group:
Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:23 PM

Taht must be apain having break outs after using products that are ok for a while. I had that happen with nivea facial wipes. I used them about 2 years then suddenly got a lurg of redness around my nostrils. Took months before it cleared. Now I use the Nuetrogena wipes. Much kinder - well for now anyway.
Bee sting allergy sounds nasty. You sound like you have very sensitive skin.

#14 User is offline   chicalita

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 09 November 2004 - 11:11 PM

It does sound as if your parent's lifestyle is more a personal issue rather than a religious one. Isn't Marie Osmond Mormon? She wears makeup and does not dress as though she just got off the farm in 1920.

I've also seen Mormons on talk shows and they dressed nicely - within the pervues of modern fashion. I hope your parents realize that it is the values they've imbued in you, not the clothes that make you a person.

At least you've got the Internet!

#15 User is offline   Tinkerbell

• Fashion Celeb
  • PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:38 AM

i luv rosebud salve (about 5 bucks a pop but it lasts FOREVER!), i love john frieda brilliant brunette products (around 5 bucks each item), & the maybelline XXL volume + Length mascara is AWESOME....Im hooked on that stuff! smile.gif

#16 User is offline   Misspriss4u109

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members
Interests:
OK my i am very girly so my intrest r preppy......shopping, hangin out with my gurls, makin my self pretty, palying with my dogs(dixie and duke), BOYS, and most of all dreamin of being a big time desginer in NEW YORK BABY

Post icon  Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(Tinkerbell @ Dec 30 2004, 08:38 PM)
i luv rosebud salve (about 5 bucks a pop but it lasts FOREVER!), i love john frieda brilliant brunette products (around 5 bucks each item), & the maybelline XXL volume + Length mascara is AWESOME....Im hooked on that stuff!  smile.gif
View Post

hey ok this is the best stuff every it is pricey but it is the best loreal paris DOUBLE EXTEND.....it is like 15 bucks but i love i can not go one day with out it tongue.gif

#17 User is offline   graciewangie

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:12 AM

oooo me me me! i personally like the lip balms with a tint of color from Keihl's. it has spf 15 and a really nice, sheer tint to it...not too much, not too little. i use hue no. 30g...try it!

#18 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:40 AM

Hello graciewangie and welcome to the forum.

#19 User is offline   walle

• Fashion Fan
  • Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:15 AM

Well I've tried tons of products, but I got stuck with Clarins and Elizabeth Arden. I mainly use Clarins Cleansing Milk and Toning Lotion. And of course I use moistureresing cream after the cleansing, this one also from Clarins. And I also have Elizabeth Ardens Eight Hour Cream, which is lovely to use. It also works perfectly on your lips if they are dry.

#20 User is offline   Pauline

• PipPipPipPipPip
Group:
Admin
Interests:

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:21 AM

Welcome Walle.

There are a few ideas here for potions and lotions and creams you might like. http://www.fashion-e...nts_beauty1.htm

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users